Media and It’s Impact on our Son

Did you know that data shows that men are more likely to engage in gun violence? I believe that media and culture has a negative impact on gun violence in the United States. I believe that video games, movies, and television shows does influence violent behavior in children,teens, and adults. I feel this way because children who play these types of games and watch these movies usually commit a violent crime/action.

I feel that media and culture has influenced gun violence in the United States because kids that love to play violent video games and watch violent movies usually commit a violent crime/action. According to the video ¨The Mask You Live In¨ states how boys are pressured to living up to the ¨standards¨ of being a man in the society that we live in today. The so called standards presented in the video were things like,¨Teaching how to fight, not expressing your emotions, and to act strong and tough.¨ Boys in the video have said when they are suppressing their emotions and living up to the ¨standards¨ the start to have negative thoughts. Those thoughts include things such as fighting,drinking,shooting others for the fun of it, and even suicidal thoughts.  These pieces of evidence  proves how when one is going through the pressure to live up to the standards of being  a man that society wants them to be it damages them internally. To live up to be an ¨Ideal Man¨ in 2017 is very difficult and stressful so its best that we be ourselves and not to let people and their opinions change who you are.

In conclusion media has a negative impact on our children and future generation of the world. With media it pushes these qualities that everyone is supposed to have. So for anyone reading this continue to be yourself and don’t every change that.